1.09.2016

Hello 2016 feed your dreams! Looking back at 2015!

This is chunk of the work I made in 2015 yes there is more but this is a nice chunk to look back over :D Though I regret not including my goat girl painting which was the first painting of 2015 I did. Ah well its around on my sites! 

I come and go on here these days for the past few years It is just what it is. I collect my thoughts share art and events as they happen but I am certainly sporadic in my entries. I guess I am sorry if you follow this blog. I would say I would try to be better but really I am just living life and decide at whatever moment to collect my thoughts or simply ramble spill nonsense to clear out my brain. So with that said HAPPY 2016! I ended and began my year by seeing lots of friends who are dear to me. It has felt like the kind of start to a new chapter next phase new year that I wanted.  Surrounding my self with positive energy from the people who I care about in this short life was the perfect end and beginning. I hope the year unfolds with more gatherings and fun. It is a cold rainy white out blank nothing day out today that kind of day that gets you down in the middle of winter! No sign of blue skies just this blaring white gray void of frozen dreams. I am in my studio now trying to thaw my brain and get back into some new works I am making I am actually very excited by them just sometimes it takes a bit of mediation on nothing  or writing a blog post that will hopefully clear your brain and all distractions of social media or web apps will fall away and I can refocus and paint paint paint. I find that modern day distractions can send me down a rabbit hole losing out on time and some days it can feel like a waste but sometimes you need to just hibernate and wander the web of our collective consciousness...

At the end of 2015 I had wrote this bit I will share here. Just a little life list of sorts... doesn't include everything just fun quick list I spit out this is what it said:

In 2016 I will turn 43 in May - so here is a life list of 43 things I do or try to do or should do more of! Inspired by Woody Guthries classic 'Dream good' list 
1. Make even more Art
2. Make a plan and stick to it
3. Brush teeth but floss (that's the key)
4. Take naps
5. Shower enough
6. Eat good — fruit — vegetables — milk sure sure but really enjoy everything including but not limited to cookies - cake - cheese and bacon. ;)
7. Daydream often
8. Play a song a day on my ukulele
9. Wear clothes that make me smile
10. Buy more shoes always
11. Throw out old socks
12. Plan trips then take them.
13. Finish all the great books I started
14. Listen to public radio a lot
15. Spend time with friends & family
16. Keep going
17. Don't let depression creep in
18. Stay gold
19. Keep hoping
20. Dream big
21. Work to live not live to work
22. Spend big on those dreams
23. Keep company with growing brains
24. Absorb knowledge
25. Play & sing & laugh & dance & draw & paint some everyday!
26. Listen to music while cooking
27. Peace, love & respect
28. Love a snail
29. Love my cats
30. Hug more
31. Paint, draw, sculpt & write
32. Stay the course
33. Plant things nurture & grow them
34. Go see live music and art shows
35. Share my art: exhibit, art fairs, online
36. Bring ideas to fruition
37. Listen to my brain
38. Trust my gut
39. If I shit my pants metaphorically don't just sit there in it change things.
40. Pay mind to those who feed my soul
41. Break the toxic nightmare bank
42. Go broke over dreams and love it's worth it always. They mostly always make you rich in the end.
43. Dream myself awake

I like making lists ;) here are some more notey notes I wrote just thinking back on my year as well as thinking ahead. 
LOOKING BACK in 2015:
2015 looking back and thinking ahead....
1. I Went to Hawaii Big Island & Maui and saw incredible beauty and fell even more in love with this planet of ours!
2. I began to learn how to play the ukulele ( playing and singing songs for myself gives me such great joy!). 

3. Had a 3 person Art show in Columbus Ohio at the fabulous Rivet Gallery
My art hanging at Rivet Gallery in Columbus Ohio

4. Did my 1st solo 10x10 booth art fair ( I have done fairs before but not at this size by myself.)



5. Saw a volcano shoot up live lava flow ( Mind expanding incredible experience!)
6. Stayed on a lava field ( Mind expanding incredible experience!) I LOVED my time spent at the Lave Temple near Hilo in the Big Island!
7. Drove the entire road to Hana so much beauty it seems impossible!
8. Saw sunrise at Haleakala felt like Mars! 








9. Had art shows in NYC, Brooklyn, Illinois, Ohio and upstate New York
10. Spent time with old and new friends and family making the year and the holidays super special including an ornament swap with some of my favorite work friends :) (yes I have a day job). also not all pictured here just a few highlights.





11. Visited ground zero 9/11 memorial for first time 

12. Went to new Whitney
13. Swam in the Atlantic Ocean on the beautiful NJ shore


14. Donated $ to my first political campaign feeling the Bern! (Please let Bernie win 2016!)
15. Saw psychocandy tour with my childhood life long best friend Christina last time we saw them together we were 16 years old. Both times were magical! 

16. Saw Bjork live at Kings Theatre gorgeous & sad 

17. Had a natural Boulder waterfall built in my garden. dream come true.Great place to meditate sitting on a rock listening to the water roll along the rocks.
18. Started therapy :)
19. Took road trips to upstate NY, Pennsylvania and New Jersey ( highlights: buttermilk falls, Hudson & Beacon NY, Jim Thorpe PA., Wildwood & Asbury Park NJ).
20. Saw a ton of art and music shows including : Frida, King Dude, Chelsea Wolf, Mark Ryden, etc. 

21. Went to my first NY Toy fair

22. Grew my hair the longest it's ever been still going for it ;) 

23. Spent quality time with mom dad and family
24. Completed several sketchbooks
25. Got my first red car! A red fiat 


To do for 2016:
√ Renew passports!!!

Plan trip to Iceland! ( See sun set at midnight).

Pele Painting - it's big size wise so its on the list ;) .


See more friends and family They make me feel centered happy and whole :D

Plan a party to have friends over ( big bday party in May)

Continue to grow update my Art Shop www.angiemason.com/STORE

Working on secret art project for 2017 show more to come on that as it gets closer :D

Explore some new galleries in various states/countries.


Write more. (Pick up on old projects I had started). Feed them!
Begin art book project - start designing and layout. *self publish vs publisher? Still deciding that one. *
If you are a publisher and happen to read email me lets talk :D 

2016 TABULA RASA! Which means blank slate - and here sits a blank canvas waiting for me ... actually at this moment in time it is no longer blank I greeted the hell out of 2016 jumping straight into my own personal art volcano! It's erupting like crazy over here stay tuned there will be more to come! Follow me on instagram @angiemasonart +Angie Mason  for sneak peaks at progress and life bits at a more regular pace... 



No comments: