7.24.2006

: Evil Twenty ( 23 ) Three :

I'm thinking of a number between one and a hundred.... my memories fall onto the number 23 thinking back to times in my Highschool years where that number inspired cults of goth kids worshipping its evilness and how W.S.Burroughs among others throughout history have gravitated toward this wicked number...Thinking back to when I myself was 23 and went through my own catastrophic events... in honor of this number I am posting some artwork I did when I was you guessed it 23 taken from journals of mine. In general I love how numbers have such symbolic intricate meanings in our lives in so many forms from Growth to Financial to Scientiffic to Time to Ordering things importance and on and on and on infinity. I myself am not math inclined but have my own attractions to certain numbers still and I do very much appreciate the lanuage of numbers even if most of it seems alien to myself. I make my own meanings and mythology with them as we all do.

Some interesting things about this number as well:
  • The 23 Enigma is a belief that the number 23 is of particular or unusual significance, especially in relation to disasters.
  • Earth's axis is at a 23°
  • It takes 23 seconds for blood to circulate throughout the entire body.
  • Both the ancient Egyptian and Sumerian calendars begin on 23 July.
  • December 23, 2012 is the date the Mayan calendar ends, predicting an apocalyptic event.
  • Charles Darwin wrote his book on the theory of Evolution in 1859: 1 + 8 + 5 + 9 = 23
  • On a normal modern Latin alphabet, QWERTY keyboard, the 23rd letter W is right below and between 2 and 3.
  • Vanadium, the 23rd element is represented by the symbol V. In Roman numerals, V = 5 = 2 + 3.
  • W, the 23rd letter of the Latin alphabet has 2 points down, 3 points up.
  • If you add up all the digits in 9/11/2001 you get 23. To make 23, you must add "11" as normal, but "2001" must be added as the numbers "2" and "1". Also arbitrarily implies decimal numerals.
  • Each parent contributes 23 chromosomes to the DNA of a child.

-END OF 23 Transmission -

Well well well, now I guess I am going to 23 skidoo it out of here. ^____^


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it all! It's so fun seeing people's older work and seeing how much things have changed. (I myself turned 24 a month ago, so my work hasn't changed much at all since 23.) I especially like the itsy bitsy doodles. Those are my favorites to do. Thanks for sharing these!

Anonymous said...

omg23 is evil sooo many weird things happen 2me on the 23rd!! i was born on the 23rd of march and my mom was23,sumhow i always endup cryin and wantin2 die on my b-day. -erika h. [emo] ;D heee

Anonymous said...

my family always dies on 23rd exept the uncles cause der related by marriage my grandma had 5 girls!!! im 28 my aunts r dead.on the 23rd i got in a car crash!creepy! :[

Anonymous said...

the number 23 is really wierd to me because i started playing basketball and chose 23 for michael jordan.now i keep seeing it everywhere mostly on the time like it would be 2:23. also on signs i think is a message or something. btw when u play the 23 song everybody knows its creepy!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

11/09/2001 = 11 + 0 + 9 + 2 + 0 + 0 + 1 = 23