8.02.2015

Ukulele songs, hot lava and mind expansion....

It certainly has been quite some time since I have made a real wordy entry. I guess tonight I am feeling in a writing mood. I will share some life crumbs and keep this post on the personal life side.


Back in April I took a magical mind expanding trip to Hawaii visiting the islands Maui and Big Island you can see my travel photos here on my flickr album. :) While I was there I bought a ukulele and fell in love with learning to play it. I am not at all looking to be anything with this as I am in no way a singer it just simply gives me utter joy when I play and sing songs that I have adored and act like a goofball and basically have a laugh :D


I will start by sharing a couple silly videos of me playing my ukulele which I have been playing now for about 11 weeks! First up the first song I learned on my ukulele was the adventure time theme song lol :) I can do better but my cat made it perfect ❤️ #dayfourplaying

I can do better but my cat made it perfect ❤️ #dayfourplaying
Posted by Angie Mason on Friday, May 15, 2015

Trying to the learn ukulele - In between days well sorta ;)Just some jerk spazzing out sounding shitty not knowing really what's she's doing but but hey look CATS!
Trying to the learn ukulele - In between days well sorta ;)Just some jerk spazzing out sounding shitty not knowing really what's she's doing but but hey look CATS! #cantsingdontcare
Posted by Angie Mason on Saturday, May 23, 2015'

It's summer time and that means it's time for carnival rides so I went over to the local fair and hopped on ye olde rolly coaster and played you all a song... sorta... kinda.. ok not really oh well rides are cool :P PEACE OUT!
 It's summer time and that means it's time for carnival rides so I went over to the local fair and hopped on ye olde rolly coaster and played you all a song... sorta... kinda.. ok not really oh well rides are cool :P PEACE OUT! #cantsingdontcare Posted by Angie Mason on Thursday, June 25, 2015

Learning Bizarre Love Triangle on my ukulele ;) Learning to play, the saga continues  more retarded videos of me messing up! uke nerd for life! #cantsingdontcare  comment a song you like and maybe I'll try learning it :) as long as it's not too hard lol
Learning Bizarre Love Triangle on my ukulele ;) Learning to play, the saga continues  more retarded videos of me messing up! uke nerd for life! #cantsingdontcare  comment a song you like and maybe I'll try learning it :) as long as it's not too hard lol
Posted by Angie Mason on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 

I came from the future to play you a poorly played songI came from the future to play you a poorly played song. :P BUT REALLY the star of this video message is my space ghost cat! The main reason I am posting this video. #cantsingdontcare
Posted by Angie Mason on Friday, July 3, 2015
I came from the future to play you a poorly played song. :P BUT REALLY the star of this video message is my space ghost cat! The main reason I am posting this video.
it's time for another installment of Angie learns the ukulele... sing along please really SING A LONG and help cover up my voice lol. Today's song is brought to you by Lorde this is supposed to be her song Tennis Court but it's now my song I own it :P ... I just started learning this late last night so maybe I should have practiced more before posting a video huh? Ahhhhh but wheres the fun in being perfect I say. Apologies ahead of time.  #cantsingdontcare <3
Posted by Angie Mason on Thursday, July 30, 2015

It's time for another installment of Angie learns the ukulele... sing along please really SING A LONG and help cover up my voice lol. Today's song is brought to you by Lorde this is supposed to be her song Tennis Court but it's now my song I own it :P ... I just started learning this late last night so maybe I should have practiced more before posting a video huh? Ahhhhh but wheres the fun in being perfect I say. Apologies ahead of time.  #cantsingdontcare

I was truly moved by my trip and I am in the middle of making some new volcano inspired works, more on that to come in the future :) for now art process shots are top secret! When I was on big island I had the fortunate magical experience of staying on a lava field with the glow of Pele in the night sky out in the distance. Being able to stand on the brand new earth so primordial was an incredible feeling the energy flowed through me differently there. Another insane thing I was able to witness was Pele shoot her lava up having several explosions while I was on the island and the lava spilled over the crater for the first time in some time! Seeing that hot orange red glow spurting up into the darkness spreading it's heavy hot flow of new earth giving birth to itself it was probably one of the most amazing things I have witnessed in person on this beautiful planet of ours.  Here is some youtube footage I found during the time I was there! 


OK well I will try to do more life posts and poetry posts too as I am writing a lot more these days in my journal/ sketchbooks.


No comments: