4.04.2012

My mind is blooming flowers of it's own all over the place....

Game Over ( But the Memory Ghosts Still Linger) - ©Angie Mason 2012 on exhibit in Belgium this May! 

Let's start April out right with showers! Showers of images of new art and art in the works and nature and fun and over all happy stuff to keep moving myself forward. I am currently in my studio surrounded by lots of new artworks some done and lots in progress... I have a solo show in NYC this July opening July 7th and I have the Art Star Craft Bazaar this May 12 & 13th in Philly!  So yes my brain is blooming lots of new things currently! It's exciting when you are in the creative awakened zone Coming out creative hibernation is always so fulfilling! YAY!

Angie Mason ©2012

My new piece for the upcoming art show in Belgium at Nova Belgica Gallery is on a heavy archival arches paper and is a mixed media piece which started it roots as a drawing but then morphs into a bit of painting. If you find yourself in Europe near Belgium stop by and see the group exhibition titled Game Over - it's all video game inspired artworks! FUN!

Angie Mason ©2012

It's all framed up and just needs to wrapped for shipping which I did this afternoon and it's on it's way! THANK YOU Postal Service! 

Angie Mason ©2012

Lots of paint flying around all kinds! Water color, acrylic you name it it's probably being used on one of my new works! I always LOVE taking pictures of my palettes and paints! Water color always looks so lush and dreamy!

Angie Mason ©2012

A HUGE SNEAK PEAK now for the upcoming Art Star Craft Bazaar but there is so much more you are not seeing! BUT wow am I having fun making stuff for this and so looking forward to sharing with all of you this May! It's right around the corner! MAY 12th and MAY 13th in Philly! I will post a blog with all the specific booth info and times for you soon!

Angie Mason ©2012

Ohhh how sweet these 'Corrupt Cake' pendants are! I am getting the chains ready and will have some sweet charms ready to sell to all who make it out ! Limited quantities on all creations... these I made 5! So be sure to get there early as not to miss out on something you want! AND did I mention I will be selling a new tee shirt collection and bags OH and adorable onesies which you will see a peek at one below!

Corrupt Cake Pendants Angie Mason ©2012
Storm Damage Collection by Angie Mason ©2012
Earlier this year in my studio.... if you can believe it which I am pretty sure you can ;) the walls are FULL of new art paintings for my Project 30 - The Hand Picked 10 Solo show! I won't show you those quite yet! I like to keep you on the edge waiting for more... it makes me smile to share stuff with you all. 

Photo by Angie Mason ©2012
How do I keep going? I need to eat! AND this is eating! It was a fancy brunch I made for myself using a pepper ring (I like red ones) as a mold and fried an egg in the center! SOOO YUMMY and pretty! and if you make the eggs sunny side up like cartoon eggs they end up looking like FLOWERS!!! PRETTY! 
Photo by Angie Mason ©2012

Ok I ate and now I put my head lamp on and it's back to the drawing board! I love my head lamp! It's great for blind eyes like me! I am always walking into walls at night here! I might have to wear this thing full time! I am in a silly mood noticing I am using way too many exclamation points in this points and ALL CAPS! I am excited what can I say! I CAN'T HIDE IT!

Photo by Angie Mason ©2012
I do know the importance of taking breaks and finding time to be in nature to see the beauty unfold as this new season is upon us! I love some of the nature spots in northern New Jersey they are magic to me. Stunning magic that is like medicine for my brain.
Photo by Angie Mason ©2012

Flower blooms new life and I am ready to make new work....

Photo by Angie Mason ©2012
BUT Before I work I need to eat some more! Mmmm some favorites to cook with...

Photo by Angie Mason ©2012
Nervil my cat is great and terrible all at the same time! Mostly this little guy amazes me on a daily basis I always hope this 11 year old fella can be with me for as long as possible. While I work he keeps me company and makes me laugh. Thank you NERVIL! I KNOW YOU READ MY BLOG! ;)

Photo by Angie Mason ©2012
Not too long ago I took a break from doing what I love to do which is make art to go watch my sister inlaw do what she loves to do. She is a performer who can belly dance with a hat of fire and balances a sword on her head while she dances.... A BIG HEAVY SWORD! It was really great to see her so happy and in her bliss.

Photo by Angie Mason ©2012
NOW  I know the weather has been really overly pleasant and the temptation to play is so great! But...

Photo by Angie Mason ©2012
I have my thinking hat on which happens to be my palette and I THINK AND KNOW I need to get back to work! So until the next blog post sweet dreams! 
Photo by Angie Mason ©2012



No comments: