2.07.2012

Hives, Fantastic Chairs and Other Randomness... OH MY!



MAY 2012!!! :D Get excited! 
























Just having some photo fun tonight in between painting and prepping some new prints which I just finished mounting the first one and will be hand painting details including crystals and other fun bits involved to make them very special... they will look like jewel box prints and you will want to have one. 


Current sizes are all on the small size no frame will  be needed and they will be ready to hang and glisten and bring you joy. I plan on selling these at Art Star Craft Bizzarre (ASCB)! Which I applied to this year! YAY! Going to be sharing a booth with the fabulous adorable Jenny Harada. Stay tuned for sneak peeks to new goodies in the works for this event coming soon! 


It's my aim for this event to keep the bulk of price points under the $200 and even mostly under $100 range so everyone can enjoy some art :D



Wearing gloves while working.... BLACK GLOVES! I'm so goth ;) I have been having CRAZY hive breakouts. I HAVE NEVER HAD THEM IN MY LIFE!!! They started on Christmas night 2011 at 10pm no joke it was so sudden and memorable. I am unaware and never have been allergic/sensitive to things. Went to 2 doctors. They gave me meds which at first helped then they stopped working. SO I began researching and this is what I found....

A sick girls grocery bag looks something like this ;) 
So what I found was some natural remedies which I was totally open and excited to try. Since the pills I was given were no longer responding to my symptoms. I was desperate for some relief. I am happy to report I believe I have found some! The hives are not 100% gone yet but are 95% improved once I started taking these natural remedies.


I began mixing an Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)  cocktail which I read not only can help with hives but is also good for a whole host of other things including heartburn/gerd. Be sure to visit the links I list below especially the one at Livestrong to learn about the various benefits of ACV.




 Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) Cocktail 
The recipe mixture I make is:
• 2 Table Spoons of ACV 
*make sure to get raw ACV so you get the full benefits


• 1/4 Teaspoon of baking soda 
( this helps protect tooth enamel from vinegar acid)

• a tiny squirt of honey
  (this makes my cocktail taste like a yummy salad dressing) 
What you will need: 

  • Apple Cider Vinegar ( Bragg Organic Raw ACV) 
  • Baking Soda
  • Honey
  • Measuring spoons and a measuring shot glass 
  • A small mixing spoon
  • A BIG GLASS OF WATER as a chaser. 160z or more :)

What to do with them:

  1. First I take my shot glass and put 1/4 teaspoon of Baking soda 
  2. Then I squirt a bit of honey in the measuring shot glass 
  3. Over a sink I then VERY SLOWLY poor a tiny bit of ACV into the glass it will bubble up be warned. I poor in to the 2 TBL Spoon mark.
  4. With my little spoon I mix it around 
  5. Throw it back :D Bottoms up!
  6. DRINK A BIG GLASS OF WATER.

I mixed them all together and since I like the taste of all things briney
I actually enjoy drinking this pungent shot 2 times once in the morning and once at night.
After each shot I drink a big glass of water 
*In reading about taking this some articles have suggested taking this mixture
 for 5 days then stopping a day and resuming.  It seems to be helping! 
And I hope if you found this and try it it helps you!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
What relief since the meds from the pharmacy were not responding at all. 
Find more info on sites such as:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
IMPORTANT: NOTE when mixing this cocktail if you try this poor the vinegar 
onto  the honey  and baking soda SLOWLY! The ACV and Baking Soda 
mixed together create a chemical reaction that will totally remind 
you of a volcano eruption... Once it settles it kind of looks like a frothy beer. 
BOTTOMS UP!  
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


SO back to the hives discussion. I have also found that TEA TREE OIL drizzled onto a cold wash cloth then rub over / apply to the affected areas. This totally worked for me it took the itching away almost instantaneously and actually quieted the hives down so much they disappeared. WHY am I writing about this on my primarily art focused blog? Because having hives is a hell I wish on nobody. If I can provide relief (NATURAL alternatives) then I am happy to share and spread my joy. I hope I can kick these hive episodes and they have their series cancelled once and for all until then I will keep up with my ACV cocktail and Tea Tree Oil.

 OH and did I mention Vitamin C totally helps in relief of hives. When I would feel an episode coming on I would have a glass of O.J. and within about 10 minutes I felt some relief.  I will also note I tried making a castor oil pack and did not find much relief from using it as the other remedies but some people claim it really helps them. Everyone is different so it may work for you. The above links both will have info on all this stuff!  OH the exciting adventures I take you on :D


But seriously I am really in my studio making these totally sweet new works that I look forward to showcasing and selling at ASCB this May! Here is another picture of me as proof ;)
Off topic side note: I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS CHAIR! Why not buy some art from me so I can own this chair OK? THANKS! ^_^ It totally has a pee wee playhouse vibe to it. It is on my list of things to save up for. 
This is an old page from one of my many sketchbooks... it makes me laugh so I thought why not share a chuckle :)

OK more later time to get some sleep! More to come soon in bloglandia! ;) 

I will leave you with this hilarious skit from the show Portlandia which I am enjoying season 2 on Friday's my one bit of TV indulgence. 




No comments: