7.11.2009

The Great Purge Coaster....

I have been away this summer visiting over in Bermuda a bit. The beauty on that island really does refresh my soul but also getting into dangerous situations can really help a ton as well,strangely. So the days pass summer moves toward fall and then towards winter days. Things keep changing they switch up so fast its just how it goes. Things feel slow but then sneak up and push you falling face first stunned at the passing of it all. Never will I not be amazed at the oddness of life the turns it takes, the ride in general. When things get cluttered up in the mind making one feel stuck in thoughts and movements progress... you know that residue that gets all up in the cracks of your brain... It is when you feel this stick holding your thoughts so heavy in hostage it ends up stopping the flow. It is then when a great purge is needed. I found one that worked great but it almost cost me my life. See the wonderful thing about horrible dangerous situations is how it clears all this nonsense out of your brain... at least for a little while till it creeps back in but how wonderful that feeling of clear mindedness... the ultimate mediation purge! When you are in survival mode life gets simpler everything else fades away. So if you find yourself in a bit of bind go take a ride on a moped in a tropical storm, get stuck on a bridge and risk your life by possibly getting blown off it to getting thrown into the rocky sea... it works... it really does! Ok actually don't take that advice but you get the point. Turning something that could have been a terrible experience into a positive one and looking back now that I am safe quite a fun experience at that... I guess you would say thrilling. I totally get how thrill seeking is addictive that purging and clear mindedness it creates is really amazing... Don't worry I won't be jumping off any bridges any time soon! I have paintings to jump into instead! So with that purging my flow is back in the studio gearing up to finish up lots of paintings and other bits I have going. I ramble in circles on this blog but some how it helps bubbling over in words here it sorts and organizes things. I am trying my best to keep things under wraps it's really really hard since I am really excited about all this new work!
I won't show you images yet but here are some words on one of the pieces in the new body of work...
to tease you with:

"The Games and Rides we take in life are lit up and decorated to cover up the longings and sadness we all feel deeply at our cores. We are all spinning carousels each carrying multiple heart memories that sit sick spinning inside of us for the length of our existence. We are all mad dizzy carnivals decked out in lights and moving so fast we feel sick with sorrow and out of control not knowing how to stop the whirling ride of life or to at least slow it down a bit." - Angie Mason


And now for some photo fun time!!!

Bermuda 2009

Bermuda 2009

Bermuda 2009

Bermuda 2009

Bermuda 2009

Bermuda 2009

Bermuda 2009

Bermuda 2009

Bermuda 2009

Bermuda 2009

No comments: