9.28.2012

Fall Art Update :D Exciting things are coming!

This soggy groggy day seems like a perfect time to update my blog. So I have some things coming up in October that are pretty fun and exciting!  First up is the 10th Annual Halloween show at MF Gallery in Brooklyn see flyer below for show details! I have two pieces in this show one of them being pictured below titled 'This is Forever' ©Angie Mason 2012 mixed media drawing on paper.
Available for purchase through MF GALLERY info@mfgallery.net for art inquires.


Saturday October 13th at 7-10pm  
( Show runs through November 11th! 


Speaking of MF Gallery - Martina and Frank are having a Boooooooo y ;) due perfectly around Halloween! So perfect for them! I recently attended their super fun baby shower and while I was there I drew an Angie Mason original onesie for them :) see some photos below. I took my 'Death's Disguise' character from one of my sketchbooks a character that shows up for me time and time again these days so I thought he would be perfect on a onesie :D.

Martina holding up her new Angie Mason original "Artwear" onesie above.
And here below you see me in the middle of drawing this little guy out.

And more drawing shots....
And finally the artist and her work ;) me holding my custom art onesie note I am also wearing one of my hand painted 'Floater' necklaces which you can still get on my Angie Mason Art Shop!


And now onto some big news! I have a book coming out that I am part of in a big way!  The Lowbrow Tarot book and deck are set to release this October. I did the sun card as well as having a nice sampling of my artwork on a few pages in this book! Each artist gets a nice showcase for their work so it's a perfect art history book for any collector of new contemporary artwork. There are 23 artists showcased in this book and having seen the work all in person I can truly say I am proud to be among this group :D I am hoping to have some copies in my art shop more news to come on that :D If you order direct from me I can sign your book if requested. The book will be carried all over but hopefully you choose to buy artist direct ;)  I will post more info when they are in my shop and also when they can purchase anywhere. See the beautiful teaser shots below. It looks amazing so happy to have been a part of this project and exhibition.

*Featuring 23 new and original works by renowned and accomplished artists Carrie Ann Baade, Christopher Ulrich, Edith Lebeau, Cate Rangel, Kris Kuksi, Chris Mars, Christopher Umana, Chris Conn, Brian M. Viveros, Claudia Drake, Heather Watts, Molly Crabapple, David Stoupakis, Laurie Lipton, Patrick “Star 27” Deignan, Chet Zar, Jessica Joslin, Danni Shinya Luo, Jennybird Alcantara, Angie Mason, Scott G. Brooks, Aunia Kahn and Daniel Martin Diaz.
Lowbrow Tarot: An Artistic Collaborative Effort in Honor of Tarot
Curated Designed and Written by: Aunia Kahn and Russell J. Moon
Art Book
ISBN: 9780764342332 | Size: 8 1/2" x 11"
Illustrations: 314 color & b/w images
Pages: 144 | Availability: Oct 2012
Binding: Hard Cover
In the book not only will the Lowbrow Tarot cards be showcased, but a large selection of the artists other works since so many of these amazing artists do work outside the tarot genre, we thought it would be an amazing opportunity to show their other amazing art!
Release: Oct 28, 2012 | Book Price: $34.99

Lowbrow Tarot: Major Arcana Cards (Deck Only*)
ISBN: 9780764342356 | Size: 3 1/4" x 5 1/4"
Illustrations: 22 art cards | Pages: 56
Availability: Oct 2012 | Binding: Boxed Set
Release: Oct 28, 2012
| Deck Price: $19.99

Another fabulous AK & RM production I am a part of is the Moon Goddess exhibit. This exhibit
opens at Modern Eden Gallery in San Francisco California on Saturday October 27th on view through November 11,2012. Another great line up of artists for this project! So happy to work with Aunia and Russ! They are a dream team! I adore them.

Featuring New Work by:
Glenn Arthur, Tom Bagshaw, Cory Benhatzel, Nichole Bruckman, Lara Dann, Ixie Darkonn,
Sheri DeBow, Patrick Deignan, Rudy Fig, Scott Holloway, Tina Imel, Aunia Kahn, Edith Lebeau,
Fang Ling Lee, Dave MacDowell, Angie Mason, Miss Mindy, Shaunna Peterson, Arabella Proffer,
Cate Rangel, Christopher Umana, Jessica Ward, Jennifer Weigel, Julie Zarate.

DATE & TIME October 27, 2012 | 6-10pm
LOCATION Modern Eden Gallery
403 Francisco Street | San Francisco, CA
P.(415) 956-3303 | E. Info@ModernEden.com
Gallery Hours: 11-7pm Wed-Sun

I will update again soon with even more great shows and projects I am involved in as well as keeping you updated with my artwork and what's new in the Angie Mason Art Shop which there is a bunch on there right now perfect for holiday gifts plus did I mention how much your support means to me! It truly keeps me going and sharing more stuff with you so the more you all support myself and the other artists you love the more you see from them including myself and any artist out there you care about! Seriously buy art direct it keeps artists thriving and going! Also support great galleries and screw malls and mass produced products. :D Ok I have to go run off and finish a million other things now but I am happy to share this update with you.  OH OH OH and one last thing if you are on instagram follow me at SmilesMcdoodle I post daily photo crumbs and occasional art peeks :D Toodles! xoxo.


 



No comments: