2.07.2006

House Broken - A Solo Show with all new work by ANGIE MASON














House Broken: New Works By Angie Mason
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:ARTIST STATEMENT
HOUSE BROKEN - A Solo Exhibition of New Works By ANGIE MASON
Opens This May 2006 at ArtStar Gallery,Philadelphia,PA.

Opening Reception Saturday May 20,2006
Show Runs through June 25th,2006

The idea of home is within all of us, be it the home
we long for or the home we yearn to escape. Regardless
of our individual experiences, each of us journeys
through life to discover the safety, love and warmth
that a true home provides. Inevitably we face our own
personal fears and struggles along the way, becoming
damaged in the process- but loss and pain occasionally
must be the material from which we build.

A true home is found within oneself. Our memories,
feelings, and experiences are the inhabitants of our
selves, dwelling within us to provide the comfort we
seek. In life we must learn how to construct our home
so that we may comfortably live within ourselves.

Like any house, we endure our personal storms, and
like any house, we become broken. But we can withstand
even the most severe damage, persevering against loss
and pain time and again by clinging to the comfort and
love for our home.

I myself have come from a broken home, uprooted many
times throughout my youth, no stranger to hardship and
loss. Though the journey was difficult, I have found
my home. The dichotomy of House Broken is at once a
struggle of confrontation as well as a celebration of
my homecoming.

Built and broken through loss and pain, love and
comfort, I have created this place for myself. I call
it home. I have been House Broken; I am House Broken.

No comments: